Letters To Peanut

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Dear Peanut,

We went to a special memorial service for you today. Each year there is a service held for all the mommies and daddies who have had to send babies to heaven. It was sad but it also made mommy feel so much better. I needed to be able to say goodbye to you in a formal way.

The service was so nice. Daddy and I each lit a candle for you and then recieved special bracelets, pebbles and a plant all in your honor. Once that part of the service was done we went to the cemetery and
released balloons...because we never knew if you were a girl or a boy daddy and I decided to release one pink balloon and one blue balloon. We also each wrote you a special message and watched with tears in our eyes as the balloons drifted heavenwards. I wonder if you and all your baby companions were up there looking down on all of us looking up at you.

There still is not a day that goes by that I don't think of you. I still wonder each day who you would have looked liked and what kind of person you would have grown up to be. I will still never understand the reason you were called to heaven so early but I am learning to live with the thought of you being my very own special angel and I know the day will come when I will hold you in my arms. Until them my precious baby always remember how much you are loved and missed!

All my love,
Mommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home